Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 07:00pm - 09:00pm
Hits : 200
Tuesday March 14th 7-9 pm UCM Headquarters will be offering an update or introduction on elements of Weddings and Memorials.
Rev. Mary Garry will offer the update for ministers and students reviewing the legal issues regarding the performance of weddings
- private and public
- small booklet discussing the outline of a traditional wedding, and
- several "add on" favorites especially with second marriages which might include children.
- We will also review the states UCM is currently registered
- UCM can help you to perform a wedding in a state in which we are not registered.
Rev. Debbie Uharriet will share with you the elements of a Memorial or graveside service, with a focus on the differing needs of our diverse community.
1. Information to obtain from the family includes do's and don'ts in working with the family
2. How to format a funeral and memorial service /wedding
3. How to formulate a Homily
4. Resources available to prepare for a service
5. How to set fees for your service
The two hour window will be divided between the two presenters, questions will be encouraged, sample forms will be reviewed.
We are hoping to see you there!!
We strongly encourage UCM students and their sponsors to attend, and those who are looking for a refresher with new ideas to enhance their own ministerial practice.
This event will be recorded and is part of the UCM Tuesday Evening Lecture Series. Recorded events are available on the UCM website www.u-c-m.org.
Listening to 8 or more lectures and you will receive a Certificate in Spiritual Studies!
Location UCM Headquarters, 1361 S. Winchester Blvd. Ste. 115 San Jose, CA 95128